Update on new legislation for any property owners in Portugal who are selling or considering selling their property.

From 1st December 2013, property owners will not be able to promote or advertise their properties for sale, either privately or via an agent, without having an Energy Certificate issued.

To obtain a certificate the property has to be assessed by a qualified engineer who will then calculate the thermal efficiency of the building and the issue the certificate.

The documents required in order for the property to be assessed are:

  • Land registration
  • Caderneta
  • Habitation License
  • Architect / Project Plans
  • Ficha Technica